Greece, comfortable tourism – camping, hotels, toll roads, archeological sites
We want to share our experience of traveling in Greece.
Tickets were purchased in advance and due to visa-free travel to Greece did not cause trouble. Since I had already relapsed COVID, I needed a certificate certifying a positive PCR molecular test and confirming that I had recovered and did not have a SARS-CoV-2 virus infection. This certificate is valid for up to 9 months, I attach a photo of my certificate, which came under customs control of Ukraine and Greece for a clear example, as in our laboratory, which did the analysis are not very experienced girls and do not want to help and understand.
After landing at Thessaloniki airport, we were met by an agent from the car rental company “Grekostar“. We rented a car 2 days before departure at https://myrentacar.com The agent speaks Slavic, a very polite and pleasant person.
Along the way we met lavender fields, beautiful panoramic views, cozy cafes
Then it was chosen to rest one night in the hotel OXYGEN, Olympiaki Akti, Olympiaki Akti, Greece and the next day go to the beautiful campsite Delphi Camping, 4th km Delphi – Chrisso road, 330 54 Delphi, Greece and try your new equipment for comfortable tourism.
We brought the following camping equipment:
- Sierra Designs Sweet Suite 2 tent
- Inflatable mat Mountain Equipment Aerostat Synthetic 7.0 Mat Wide Regular – took for itself, in Greece at night it was hot at a temperature of +22, but for the Carpathians in August will fit well
- Inflatable mat SEA TO SUMMIT – AIR SPRUNG COMFORT LIGHT MAT BLUE, 201 CM X 64 CM X 6.3 CM (STS AMCLLAS), SEA TO SUMMIT
- Trump airbag
- Rug cover Sea to Summit Coolmax Regular – 2 pcs.
- Fleece plaid
- Sublimates (Kharchi, James Cook), so far I liked only the cream soup with mushrooms, for the Carpathians you need to find something more interesting.
- well, all the dishes there.
During the whole trip we used our very convenient water filter Miniwell L620
It costs $ 24.95 from us and you can always buy it from us.
The Miniwell L620 filter can be used anywhere, collect water and drink quietly. The filter is passed into the plane and thanks to the filter you will not only get clean water, but also save the environment without the need for extra plastic.
We visited Meteora, a complex of monasteries, the second largest after Mount Athos, located on the cliffs of Thessaly, in northern Greece, near the town of Kastraki. I believe that this complex should be included in the new Wonders of the World, because this man-made creature deserves it.
Then we decided to visit the Temple of Apollo, a very sacred city. Ticket price 12 € or 6 €. There is a whole complex of all kinds of objects, so if you only need the Temple, you can buy a ticket for 6 € and be sure to bring a mask, because although the Temple is open air and the cost of tickets could also include boxes of masks at entrance, but they do not have it and they do not pass without masks.
The toll roads were a very big surprise. Every 50-80 km you have to pay between € 1.9 and € 3.8, and the Rio Antirio Bridge, which connects the western Peloponnese via the Gulf of Corinth with the western part of Central Greece, generally cost € 13.5. But the roads are very good, high quality and safe.
I provide a letter of interesting visits:
- TRAMONTANA – restaurant, very tasty, but the portions are very large, nice service, Itea, Greece
- ΤΟ ΚΥΚΛΑΜΙΝΟ – restaurant, very tasty, but the portions are very large, nice service, Athens, Greece
- Meteora – a complex of amazing monasteries !!!! Required for viewing in Greece
- soulful town Nestani, Greece, which got unexpectedly. The town has a beautiful landscape, interesting mountains around, monasteries and much more. After this town, Google for some reason directed us through the mountains, but the roads in the mountains are safe, paved, you can go.
Contact us for planning comfortable trips, we will help 🙂